Scott W. Watkins, DMD
Dr. Scott Watkins is widely recognized as a leader in cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry, including dental implants. He combines the latest advances in modern cosmetic dentistry with the finest state-of-the-art equipment — such as digital cosmetic imaging, digital x-ray, intra-oral cameras and quiet drills — to bring the most modern treatment techniques to his patients in the Back Mountain, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Clarks Summit, Stroudsburg and the Poconos, even New York and New Jersey.
Dr. Watkins believes modern cosmetic dentistry is about more than enhancing appearances – it’s about creating lasting, functional, beautiful smile solutions that improve both the health and confidence of his patients.
As a result of participating in the most progressive cosmetic, restorative, implant and endodontic (root canal) training with dentistry’s leaders in these fields, Dr. Watkins possesses a remarkable level of technical skill, thereby providing cutting-edge dentistry to his patients. He believes his commitment to continuing education offers his patients this highest quality care. “I am a strong believer in continuing education. My advanced training from world-renowned leaders in my field helps me bring you the latest, most effective treatment methods, for a final result that will be sure to keep you smiling.”
Whether you are considering Invisalign Invisible Braces, Zoom! Advanced Power Single-Visit Tooth Whitening, porcelain veneers, dental implants or a complete smile makeover, Dr. Watkins will make your smile desires his top priority. With Dr. Watkins, your smile is a blend of clinical expertise, meticulous care and artistic talent.
If you are considering enhancing your smile and would like to learn more about your smile options, contact Dr. Scott Watkins today to schedule your complimentary Smile Style consultation.
Dr. Scott Watkins received his undergraduate degree from Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, PA and his DMD from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry — the leading organization in the world for cosmetic dentistry — and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists — the world’s largest dental implant organization. He is also a member of the American Dental Association, Pennsylvania Dental Association and Luzerne County Dental Society, and is a Board Member of the Luzerne County Dental Society.
Dr. Watkins is a graduate of the esteemed Misch International Implant Institute, the world’s most advanced training center in dental implantology, and completed advanced dental implant and surgical training at Esthetica Maxillofacial and Dental Hospital in Cairo, Egypt.
He has furthered his professional training through studies at the world-renowned Dawson Academy for Advanced Dental Study for Cosmetic and Reconstructive Dentistry and with Advanced Endodontic (root canal) Training with Dr. Steve Buchanan and Dental Education Laboratories.
Committed to ensuring his patients are comfortable and relaxed, Dr. Scott Watkins is one of a very small percentage of dentists nationwide qualified to administer Conscious Intravenous (IV) Sedation. He is also Invisalign certified and Zoom! Advanced Power Whitening certified.
Dr. Watkins is proud to contribute his professional knowledge and experience to support his local community; he provides complimentary dental exams for two local school districts and also volunteers his time at Wilkes University to coach and guide pre-professional students who are interested in the career of dentistry.
- Board Certified Diplomate International Congress Oral Implantologist (ICOI)
- Fellowship ICOI
- Member ICOI
- Misch International Implant Institute Surgical and Prosthodontic Continuum
- Surgical Implant Residency Esthetica Maxillofacial Surgical and Dental Hospital Cairo, Egypt
- IV Conscious Sedation Certification at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
- Dental Education Laboratories for Advanced Endodontic Training (Dr. Steven Buchanan)
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study / Entire Curriculum
- Invisalign Certified
- Misch International Implant Institute: Full Time Faculty Member
- Temple University Kornburg School of Dentistry: Adjunct Faculty Member
- School Dentist for Dallas School District and Lake Lehman School District
- Member American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member American Dental Association
- Member Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Member Luzerne County Dental Society
- Past Sitting Board Member Luzerne County Dental Society
- Past Sitting Member Council for Communications and Public Relations Pennsylvania Dental Association