According to a study conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, “48 percent of adults think a smile is the most memorable feature after they meet someone for the first time.” And a sparkling smile is a great way to make a strong first impression. That’s why our Back Mountain cosmetic dentists offer teeth whitening treatments for patients who want to brighten their smile.
What Causes Teeth to Turn Yellow?
There are several factors that can cause your teeth to lose their luster:
- Diet: Foods such as coffee, tea, wine, and berries can stain your teeth
- Poor dental hygiene: Insufficient brushing and flossing can yellow your teeth
- Tobacco use: Smoking and chewing tobacco can stain your teeth
- Medication: Certain antibiotics, antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and drugs for treating high blood pressure can cause teeth discoloration
- Aging: The bright outer layer of your enamel can wear away as you age
- Trauma can damage the enamel of your teeth which can lead to discoloration
If you feel that your smile has lost its original brightness, it’s time to consider teeth bleaching.
Solutions for Stained Teeth in Dallas, PA
At Watkins Dental Group, we know that fitting in a teeth whitening visit can be difficult for busy patients. For your convenience, Dr. Watkins offers take-home teeth-whitening trays. Made custom to your smile, this system is a great option for people who are looking to brighten up their smile from the comfort of their home.
Take-home teeth whitening is especially easy to use. First, you’ll come in and have an impression of your teeth taken. This will be used to make your custom whitening trays. Once they’ve been made, we’ll give you professional-grade bleaching gel and show you how to apply it to the trays then place the trays in your mouth. You’ll then get a set of instructions on how to use your trays at home as well as for how long. Within a week, you’ll notice your smile looks noticeably brighter.
If you’d like to learn more about teeth whitening, contact our Dallas, PA practice to schedule a consultation.