The Importance of Early Treatment
Taking your child to the orthodontist might seem strange — they’re not old enough for braces, so what’s the point? Well, Dr. Paul Adams can detect issues in the alignment of your child’s teeth that could become a cause for concern later on.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a checkup with an orthodontist by age seven. That way, Dr. Adams can see to it that your child’s permanent teeth are growing in properly, ensuring they’ll have a beautiful smile.
Signs Your Child May Need Orthodontic Treatment
It’s not always easy to tell if your child needs orthodontic treatment. If you notice any of the following symptoms in your child, it’s time to schedule an appointment with Dr. Adams:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening or closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
A Safe Place for Your Kids
Dr. Adams is gentle and caring with all our patients, especially the younger ones. Along with our friendly staff, he’ll make sure your child receives the treatment they need.
To learn more, contact our office at (570) 675-1138. Or just fill out the easy contact form on this page, and we’ll get back to you right away.